- Start: June 12, 2017 6:30 pm
- End: June 29, 2017 6:30 pm
- Speakers: Coach Tammy
FULL REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. 31 spots sold! 🙂
DROP-IN OPTION IS AVAILABLE $15pp. Drop-ins can attend any SSM class without prior registration or notice. Pay cash at the start of class. Sign a SSM waiver on first attendance. While drop-ins will get a kick-ass workout, only those registered for the full program receive the material, challenges, etc. Read below for all the juicy deets.
Summer-Size Me! is a 3-week weight loss outdoor boot camp to help participants lose weight, fast. Participants who follow the program exactly as it’s laid out, completing all the workouts and challenges, will have the greatest results!
- weigh-in at the start and end of the program (optional).
- 6 unique outdoor bodyweight boot camp fitness classes.
- 3 fitness challenges, one per week, each to be completed within 7 days.
- 6 food challenges, delivered at each class, effective for fast weight loss.
- Facebook support group for members only, to encourage each other.
There will be an Entry Prize for all participants registering for the entire program (does not include drop-ins). The prize: YOU-GO! WELL Coaching package valued at $225. Winner will be drawn in the final class. Learn more about YOU-GO! WELL.
- Lose weight under the guidance of a canfitpro certified Healthy Eating & Weight Loss Coach with 17 years of coaching experience.
- Increase cardio and strength.
- Increase overall energy and reduce stress.
- Learn unique and fun exercises you can do with just your body.
- Educational – I will share current scientifically-based research on relevant topics.
- Exercising outside comes with a slew of benefits, including a natural does of vitamin D3 (important to bone health and metabolic function).
- Unity and comradeship as participants come together to achieve a similar goal.
- Confidence and self-esteem boost!
HOW THE CHALLENGES WORK
FITNESS: Each week I will give participants a fitness challenge to complete at home. For example, they may have a certain number of stairs to climb or push-ups to complete over an entire week. Participants can break down the challenge into little sessions over the 7 days. For accountability, everyone doing the challenge will log their work and pass it into me when they complete the challenge. No cheating allowed! 🙂
FOOD: Each class I will give participants a food challenge to complete at home. For example, I may ask participants to practice a “no cheat week”, giving everyone an opportunity to flex their willpower muscles. Participants who take the food challenges seriously, in combination with the workouts, have the greatest benefits for weight loss. The food challenges are an excellent way to understand the effects certain foods have on the body. After the program is over, participants can decide if they want to put the foods I eliminate back into their diet or not. It’s quite an eye-opening experience.
NOTE: Only participants signing up for the full program will receive the fitness and food challenges and printed material. They must attend the class to receive the challenges.
FITNESS CLASS STRUCTURE
- Each class is 60 minutes.
- Classes start and end on time. If you’re late, just jump right in. Shit happens.
- Each class begins with a progressive warm-up (10 minutes).
- The main work (35 minutes) will consist of bodyweight exercises using methods such as Tabata, MetCon, Turbulence, etc. These are different styles of HIIT (high intensity interval training), which are very effective and efficient for weight loss and increasing fitness levels in a short period of time.
- Exercises will challenge, and help, to develop your cardio capacity, muscular strength, endurance, mobility, agility, and balance.
- There is a huge emphasis on core conditioning. Your core is your foundation! The stronger your core is, the stronger the rest of your body will be.
- Yes, there will be running, and lots of it. However, you do NOT have to be a runner to take this program. It’s not about speed or distance, it’s about doing your best. YES, you can take walking breaks or power-walk instead.
- Class will end with a proper cool down to lower heart rates and include a full body stretch (10 minutes).
- The final 5 minutes will be used to deliver and discuss the food and fitness challenges.
WHO CAN TAKE THIS PROGRAM
The program is designed for a variety of fitness levels, ages 13+, all genders. I show modifications for all exercises, providing options for different abilities. I want my participants to practice good form. If I see someone struggling, I will give them special attention. Participants must be able to do the following in order to participate:
- Get down and up off the ground without causing pain or discomfort or needing assistance.
- Kneel, push, pull, and jump without causing pain or discomfort during or post-workout.
- Walk fast or run slow, without causing pain or discomfort during or post-workout.
- Hold their hands above their head for at least 30 seconds without pain in neck or shoulders.
- Squat without pain in knees, hips, or low back.
- Does not get dizzy or have any medical illnesses in which exercise can make worse.
- Can play in the mud and dirt and does not have a phobia against bugs.
Participants should not be recovering from a major surgery or illness, in severe chronic pain, or have very limited mobility.
NOTE: Children 12 and under can come with their parents for free. Parents are 100% liable for their safety and must watch them at all times. If they get in the way of the other participants they will not be able to attend future sessions. It is not unusual to have children in class, and as long as they are behaving, I encourage you to bring them. Unfortunately I can’t allow your furry children (dogs) in this particular program as the risk of them getting in the way is much higher.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Sweat towel
- Running shoes
- Gloves, if you don’t like to get your hands dirty
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Yoga mat, if you don’t like being on the ground
A FINAL NOTE
I like unity in my classes. We all support each other. Only positive energy is allowed. Be respectful and kind to each other. No one is ever left out and you will all get my individual attention at some point. Those who struggle will get more of me, as I want to encourage everyone to succeed. This is not a competition; it’s a fun fitness program where we laugh, smile, and maybe sometimes cry…but happy tears. Even if you do not lose weight, you will come out of this program with a great experience.
DATES: Every Monday and Thursday evening starting June 12 and ending June 29. (June 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29)
TIMES: 6:30 – 7:30 PM, sharp!
LOCATION: Rotary Club Gazebo in Thickwood is our base camp. We will use the surrounding area for the various unique boot camps. CLICK HERE FOR MAP
FEES: Since this is my very first group fitness program in Fort Mac, I’m offering it at a super low intro rate of $60 PP for the entire program (=$10/class). Drop-in fee = $15/class.
HOW TO REGISTER – IT IS NOW CLOSED!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE – Sunday, June 11
FULL PROGRAM: To register for the whole program, click the appropriate button below (adult or youth). Once you fill out the online registration form, it will redirect you to a page to select the type of service you are buying. SELECT GROUP FITNESS. Then select Summer-Size Me! You will have the option to pay with your PayPal, credit card, or Visa Debit. Please make sure you read my REFUND POLICY before making this purchase.
DROP-INS: For drop-ins, no need to register online. Just pay with the right amount of cash at the start of each class ($15/class). I will have a waiver for you to sign, which you will only have to do once for this program. Drop-in to as many classes as you want. No need to let me know in advance.
Remember, drop-ins are not included in the weigh-ins, entry prize, facebook group, or printed material. If you plan to drop-in to 3 or more classes ($45+), it may worthwhile to sign up for the whole program.
ABOUT SUMMER-SIZE ME!
Summer-Size Me! is an annual challenge that I started in Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia in 2013. It was extremely popular and people would sign up a year in advance.
I’m excited to bring Summer-Size Me! to Fort McMurray, Alberta. This will be the 4th year for hosting the unique and fun outdoor program.
Check out the videos below to get an idea of classes did in the past. If you have any questions you want answered before you sign up, simply email me.